2010-2011 Marching Season

Due to the highly tributed 2009-2010 marching season, the majority of marching bands proved to keep The King's music alive as well as continue to fluctuate a lovely flow of Today's ever changing. All my Band Head & fellow Band groupies, what shall we expect to see and hear for the upcoming season based off the current events we've seen up 'til now?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hope this won't be a tribute season. Love Mike, but some bands wore the MJ shows out. Man o Man. Just hopes my program get much, much, much better because 09 was the worst in history for us and i know the students and staff don't want to go through that anymore. Not hitting the recruiting trail for exercise.
  • What is that? This is the college forum so you mosey on down back to the high school board. Smh

MelloJosh said:
    Due to the highly tributed 2009-2010 marching season, the majority of marching bands proved to keep The King's music alive as well as continue to flu…
  • Didn't realize this was a college board. opps
  • I just hope the music put out by these artist aren't extremely difficult to be written by arrangers.
  • i will say that there are alot of new popular songs that will be good material to work with......thank goodness, cause i got tired of hearin Wacka Flocka and Travis Porter and all those lil tight jean wearin bastards and thinkin "I'ma have to write this?????"

HAIL_P.R.I.D.E. said:
    I just hope the music put out by these artist aren't extremely difficult to be written by arrangers.
    Due to the highly tributed 2009-2010 marching season, the majority of marching bands proved to keep The King's music alive as well as continue to flu…
  • where most bands and arrangers mess up is they think that just because there are 50 rap songs and only 5 r&b songs out then there is no music to be played. there is about 30 or more years of music out there to be played don't put yourself in a box just because its on the hot 100 doesn't mean its marching band material.try listening to an entire cd not just the song thats popular and you may find a real gem.
  • I totally agree. I hear songs on cd's that are not on the radio that scream HBCU bands all the time.

greg said:
    where most bands and arrangers mess up is they think that just because there are 50 rap songs and only 5 r&b songs out then there is no music to be played. there is about 30 or more years of music out there to be played don't put yourself in a box just because its on the hot 100 doesn't mean its marching band material.try listening to an entire cd not just the song thats popular and you may find a real gem.
  • THANK YOU BECAUSE BIRTHDAY SEX WAS NOT A GOOD BAND SONG!!!! I don't care how well it was executed it was NOT a good song... No offense to the BOOM...
  • mmm so im guessing Scrathin Me Up by Trey Songz would fall in that category also?

Seriously i dont want see one MJ show from any band hs or college this season. Im all for keeping the usual (dirty diana, working day and night,etc) in the mix. Wouldn't mind seeing some bands actually drill this year instead of simply marching 8 to 5, about facing then getting into a concert band formation.

KENDRICK said:
    THANK YOU BECAUSE BIRTHDAY SEX WAS NOT A GOOD BAND SONG!!!! I don't care how well it was executed it was NOT a good song... No offense to the BOOM...
  • Well we may see bands expanding in size due to Obamas new loan programs and expanded pell grants. That'll make college simply a choice of preference rather than economics of it. Kinda Unlucky for the smaller bands though cause people always gravitate towards the larger schools:P
This reply was deleted.