Replies

• from 1964 untill 1974 Alabama State marched a 12 piece all male flute/piccolo section as well as a 12 piece all male clarinet section. i don't see a problem with it talent is talent. but i'm not a petty person.
  • nothin there is no horn thats sayes male or female
  • I aint got a problem with it if you are trying to be a "professional musician" some day....but if you are that person "like myself" who really just wanted to be in a marching band then piccolo is just not it bruh
  • lol. yeah, that would be a funny sight to see. i dont have a problem with it. its all about stereotypes, such as a male who plays piccolo/flute or clarinet is homo. like dre'quynn said, there is no horn that says male or female...
    Rob said:
    No problem, but its always funny to see a guy who looks like he could be on the football team pull a piccolo case out of his pocket. I say, if your good, all the better, you need more air than I do and I play tuba.
    male piccolos
    whats the problem with those in marching bands
  • No problem with it...You just dont see it much...So its kinda out of the ordinary...
  • Right My Brotha..

dawg SU's been marching with all male woodwind section for the longest and nobody questions their masculinity

Dre'Quynn said:
    nothin there is no horn thats sayes male or female
    male piccolos
  • If they let those guys get out there and twirl a little baton or flag then AIN'T nothing wrong with him playing that piccolo. Now if he can't play the piccolo then he needs to find a new istrument. Everytime you turn around band directors are looking for horn players.
  • if he can blow that pic then let em shit
  • ive heard plenty of people question the masculinity of all of su's band members. lol just kidding.

Book said:
    Right My Brotha..

dawg SU's been marching with all male woodwind section for the longest and nobody questions their masculinity

Dre'Quynn said:
    nothin there is no horn thats sayes male or female
    male piccolos
This reply was deleted.