For Anyone Wanting to March DCI or DCA Corps.

I would like to take this time to find out if there are those of you reading these forums who want to march a DCI or DCA corps. Now is the time to set your sights. DCI age group is 14-21, while DCA is 14-? (until you can't march any more). Your musicianship will be enhanced by the experience and your perform level will increase greatly.I say these things because I marched with the Racine Kilties (DCI) for five years during the early to mid '70's. Playing in front of 50,000 people in the stands and another half a million via television can be one of the most intense feeling that a person can have. I've seen so much talent and energy on this forum that I think it's time for a lot of you to go on and elevate your game. I've been better for the experience and now want to past on this chance of a life time that you'll never regret.Sam "Wombat" McGeeContraBass/Baritone

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, I might be a bit late with this, but I would most definitely like to join a DCI Corps if at all possible.
  • It's never too late. There will be auditions over the next two months. Some of the corps will bring their own music; which could be part of their upcoming show for '09 and others will bring warm up charts. They will test for how well you sight read, tone, dynamics and posture.

PorkBoi said:
    Well, I might be a bit late with this, but I would most definitely like to join a DCI Corps if at all possible.
  • Say, are you closer to the east coast?
  • hey im on crossmen drumline
  • Jalen Ward said:
    hey im on crossmen drumline

Hey that's great! I would say make the most of it, for the experience will last a life time. Let me know how it all shakes out. I wish you the best!
    I would like to take this time to find out if there are those of you reading these forums who want to march a DCI or DCA corps. Now is the time to se…
  • Yes, I live in Newport News, Virginia; About 45 minutes away from Norfolk

Samuel McGee III said:
    Say, are you closer to the east coast?
    I would like to take this time to find out if there are those of you reading these forums who want to march a DCI or DCA corps. Now is the time to se…
  • thas wassup for young kids to expand their horizons early. internationals Corps will teach you a whole new meaning to music.percussion wise, you will be taught to master rudiments,speed,dynamics, and precision....all of the elements that make a great percussionist.

Datboygotchops
    Madison Scouts indoor percussion 07-08
This reply was deleted.