new swac band rules

From the Desk of the Commissioner of the swacthe new rules for the band areDuring SWAC play, halftime will consist of the home band allowed 8 minutes to perform and visiting band 8 minutes...* Bands will play only during dead balls and alternate (1st dead ball to visiting team and 2nd dead ball to home teamMOST SWAC BANDS WILL BEHERE IN B'HAM ON OCT 5, 2008 FOR THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS. BRING THE TV CREWS,ALL OF THEM LOCAL PLUS CNN,ALL OF THE BANDS WOULD PLAY TOGETHER ONE SONG IN FRONT OF THE SWAC OFFICE. THENTHEY WOULD HEAD TO THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS. WE MUST DO SOMETHING.IF WE STAND AS A FULL GROUP AND PRESENT OUR CASE THE SWAC THAT THE BANDS OFBLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS JUST AS BIG THE FOOTBALL GAME ITSELF, I AM SURE THATTHEY WOULD LISTEN AND CHANGE THE RULES.IF YOU DONT KNOW, THERE IS A $500.00 FINE TO THE BAND THAT BREAKS THE RULE, THEFIRST TIME AND NEXT TIME THE BAND WOULD HAVE TO SIT OUT ONE GAME, IF THE BANDSKEEPS BREAKING THE RULE THEY WILL HAVE TO SIT OUT THE WHOLE SEASON.PLEASE COPY THIS COMMENT AND PASS IT ON TO THE Alumni AND ALL OF THE OTHER SWACBANDS, AND THEIR BAND DIRECTORS.WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN LETS SHOOT FOR THE OCT 6, 2008 BATTLE OF THE BANDS TOSHOW THE SWAC , THAT WE CAN STAND AS ONE.Here are the SWAC officials emailsd.sharp@swac.org, k.brooks@swac.org, j.huggins@swac.org, d.lewis@swac.org, w.bright@swac.org, e.hand@swac.org

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i march with carver
    ill try and pass it on
    these rules suck arse
  • These rules will in turn cause BCF to lose ALOT of money. The only reason most people go to the games is to socialize and listen to the bands. The only time they really get into the game is when their team scores lol.

Hate to say it but its true. I say boycott a few games with no band and see how many people show up....
  • yea... these rules suck.
  • Wow man, i dont think that could happen ..LOL as far as playing at once infront the SWAC office .lol
  • dis is suppa duppa d flat wack....but i think its goin to blow off
  • The Swac tried this a couple of years ago..... They are really going 2 regret this decision..... I don't think they gone stick long... The game was horrible in Teneessee......... The Bands are the attraction of the games.....
  • Those rules STINK!!! Let Those bands play. Cause When I go to Bama State I'm taking out ALL competition.
  • Wow....and I thought the MEAC rules were crazy....*smh*
  • Man this iz sum serious B.S.
  • I think this won't stick for the simple fact that some SWAC bands brings prospective students to that college or university. I know fa dern sho (country I know) I won't go to the games if it does come into effect. My baby boy need to see how the games supposed to be......
This reply was deleted.