BANDS

Most of the people on this site is affiliated with the band world in some way. I would like if yall represent your band and talk about what your band been up to in the last 5 years. Im from VA so i know very little of you Louisiana Bands and Texas Bands. Im interested into knowing what happens in the deep south...and out west.Please note to look at the map to know what region you live in

us-map[1].gif

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• uplift
  • Well im from Alexandria, Louisiana. I play for a school known as the Peabody magnet Marching Warhorses. We got a new band director 5 yrs ago and things have been on the rise. We have went down in numbers, but are known to set the bar at any competition because of our hunger for victory. We have been all over louisiana and some in texas. keep a look out for us...
  • My name is Charles and I'm from Stone Mountain, Georgia. Around here band is a big thing, the most popular bands are Stevenson, South West Dekalb, MLK, Columbia, Miller Grove,and Redan.
    Their are other bands but these are the ones most talked about and the main reason is because their big bands with over 100 studens. In Georgia it's hard if your bands not big cuz the first thing some's going to say is they not loud enough or u gone get blown out the stanz by a big band.
    I know this cuz the band I'm in is small we only have about 40 people, but thats only because we graduated all of our seniors and we didn't get as many freshman as we thought we would.
  • Im from The Washinton DC metropolitian area where alot of band history has taken place... good and bad.
    Alot of our History making bands have went down or have died out due to city neglect, but we are improving and band community slowly growing.

Welcome back Cardozo Senior High School!!!! 1st Black Out of town High School to attend the Rose Bowl Parade in 1981

Rest In Peace Shaw Jr High School (Middle School) Marching Hawks

• WELL, I'M FROM OPELOUSAS LOUISIANA....I MARCH FOR NORTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL...I'VE ONLY BEEN ON B-TONE FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS, BUT I'VE HELD MY OWN AND CUT THROUGH SOME OF THE BEST....MY STATE IS KNOWN FOR HAVING THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL BANDS BAR NONE......ANY BARITONE SEC. THAT WANT IT, THEY CAN GET IT.....HOLDIN IT DOWN FOR LOUISIANA..
  • i kno exactly how u feel im from Flint, MI and we were all about band too but now we only have two band existing in my town because people just dont enjoy band like they used to (all of our people graduated in 07 and we get smaller and smaller every year so when i graduate this year we'll probably have 30 people tops not including auxillery)

Charles Hamilton said:
    My name is Charles and I'm from Stone Mountain, Georgia. Around here band is a big thing, the most popular bands are Stevenson, South West Dekalb, MLK, Columbia, Miller Grove,and Redan.
    Their are other bands but these are the ones most talked about and the main reason is because their big bands with over 100 studens. In Georgia it's hard if your bands not big cuz the first thing some's going to say is they not loud enough or u gone get blown out the stanz by a big band.
    I know this cuz the band I'm in is small we only have about 40 people, but thats only because we graduated all of our seniors and we didn't get as many freshman as we thought we would.
    BANDS
    Most of the people on this site is affiliated with the band world in some way. I would like if yall represent your band and talk about what your band…
  • wUZZUP riCH? cHECK out sum footage on John f. Kennedy's band my alma mater... We got destroyed by Katrina but good thing for video we can live on thru that...c/o96
  • Hailing from the Deep South in the State of Mississippi from the City of Greenville is the Greenville Weston Solid Gold Marching Band.

Other bands are
    Rosa Fort High " Mean Green Music Machine", Tunica, MS
    Provine High Marching Rams, Jackson, MS
    Murrah High Sound of Perfection Marching Band, Jackson, Ms
    Canton High " Baby of the South" Canton, MS
  • Rob, coming from the great state of florida, where everyone is a beast. I play for the Homestead Mighty Marching Bronco Band. Homstead is in the southern part of miami dade, though it's a seperate city, it's still dade county. Homesteads band has seen better days. It used to be a big corp style band. And they were good. They would play like a show band in the stands and have a good corp show. But now that our most recent band director has come two years ago, most of the old band quit on him, leaving us with very little to work with. So, we are currently in the rebuilding process. We have recently been getting involved in more activities county wide to open our players to the rest of the world, and get them involved with other players. This includes things like All Star bands, All County (concert band, with the best players county wide), and famu band camp.

We're trying to build a better band, but due to a lack of funds, people have felt discouraaged from joining simply due to the lack of feild shows that we were able to do. We do still actively recruit, and if we can get a bit better about fund raising, we should be able to do more during football season, as well as after.
This reply was deleted.