Replies

• Sierra said:
    The whole classic was good of course prairie view won the game but both bands where good. for a band as small as morehouse band they held it down and the dancers where great actually i was surprise, but of course pv band and also foxes took the game.

I've seen the Morehouse halftime performance, but I have yet to see the PV performance.....
    ANGEL CITY CLASSIC 2008
    I wnated to go to this Classic BADLY, but could not. If there was anybody on this network who went to the game, please tell me what your thoughts wer…
  • From what I heard.. Morehouse fought HARD... probably harder than they ever fought before. They got a standing ovation as well.. Now PVs performance was dam good. I feel bad for Grambling this week because PV is fired up. Usually you guys are the first real band PV takes on but this year they have been around already.

Anyway back to the Angel City Classic. From the clips I have seen, I enjoyed both bands. Now the drum battle........it wasnt really fair... Morehouse had an extra-small drumline playing middle school cadences from the 80s... The Box easily embarassed them...
  • The drumline battle was from 2006.e didn't have a botbs this year.

Goldy_1914 said:
    From what I heard.. Morehouse fought HARD... probably harder than they ever fought before. They got a standing ovation as well.. Now PVs performance was dam good. I feel bad for Grambling this week because PV is fired up. Usually you guys are the first real band PV takes on but this year they have been around already.

Anyway back to the Angel City Classic. From the clips I have seen, I enjoyed both bands. Now the drum battle........it wasnt really fair... Morehouse had an extra-small drumline playing middle school cadences from the 80s... The Box easily embarassed them...
    ANGEL CITY CLASSIC 2008
    I wnated to go to this Classic BADLY, but could not. If there was anybody on this network who went to the game, please tell me what your thoughts wer…
  • Well i am from P.V. and we samashed poor MoreHouse.........
  • Well PV definately didn't smash us, to tell you the truth we starte getting bored when they started repeating songs they played earlier. Yall did sound good but yall damn sure didn't smash us cause we brought just as much volume and intensity as yall.
  • Well I wasn't speaking on the drumline battle. Im a wind player and I really don't give a damn about a drum battle, never have never will.

Ricardo Garza said:
    Yes Funk BOX did smash Morehouse Drumline
    they sucked they had there mouth's open
    when they saw BOX do their thing in front of their faces.
    We have a real Drumline that plays college level cadences unlike yall that keep playin middle school cadences and adding other students like trumpets during yall cadence dancing in front.
    that aint no drumline battle its beteween drummers..
    so yea yall were smashed by BOX

Atif Lytle said:
    Well PV definately didn't smash us, to tell you the truth we starte getting bored when they started repeating songs they played earlier. Yall did sound good but yall damn sure didn't smash us cause we brought just as much volume and intensity as yall.
    ANGEL CITY CLASSIC 2008
  • Well den y u commenting on da BOX dats da drumline
    the band is the marching storm..
    oh a woodwind ok who cares
  • I said wind not woodwind, I play trumpet which is a wind instrument.

Ricardo Garza said:
    Well den y u commenting on da BOX dats da drumline
    the band is the marching storm..
    oh a woodwind ok who cares
  • Man, I know I'm late, but I really don't care 'cause this needs to be heard. NOBODY got "smashed". The battle was a draw...period. The sectional battles equate to a draw: slight edge to P.V. trombones, draw on trumpets hands down, Morehouse B-tones made a crucial callout that went unanswered, but P.V.s mellos did the same to Morehouse, drumline was a draw because P.V. repeated material from halftime and Morehouse had more crowd response (I've reviewed it several times)...and that IS what you judge off of right? Otherwise, you should go battle in a back alley somewhere and be satisfied. I do agree that Morehouse should have played other cadences and some things need to be revamped, but these cats from Da B.O.X. is trippin' actin' like they put on the coldest performance (especially compared to previous years...boi stop)...I'll just leave it at that on the drumline issue lol.

Song selection was diverse and pleasurable on both ends. Both bands also brought a great amount of intensity and vibrance to the stadium that encouraged the youth of local highschools as well as people of the general pop. to look forward to a positive expression of our talents.

It seems like posters on this topic are missing the larger picture of what went on that day and are actually undermining the intial goal: To display the opportunities and diversity among HBCUs throughout the country (which BOTH schools did a darn great job of). Cool off a bit a celebrate the accomplishments of TWO great institutions of HIGHER learning that created an atmosphere reminiscent of a homecoming game in a state that has limited exposure to the culture and heritage of HBCUs.

I hope that helped Mr. StankBeast13 sir.
  • TPHunk4Life said:
    Man, I know I'm late, but I really don't care 'cause this needs to be heard. NOBODY got "smashed". The battle was a draw...period. The sectional battles equate to a draw: slight edge to P.V. trombones, draw on trumpets hands down, drumline draw because P.V. repeated material from halftime and Morehouse had more crowd response (I've reviewed it several times)...and that IS what you judge off of right? Otherwise, you should go battle in a back alley somewhere and be satisfied. I do agree that Morehouse should have played other cadences and some things need to be revamped, but these cats from Da B.O.X. is trippin' actin' like they put on the coldest performance (especially compared to previous years...boi stop)...I'll just leave it at that on the drumline issue lol.

Song selection was diverse and pleasurable on both ends. Both bands also brought a great amount of intensity and vibrance to the stadium that encouraged the youth of local highschools as well as people of the general pop. to look forward to a positive expression of our talents.

It seems like posters on this topic are missing the larger picture of what went on that day and are actually undermining the intial goal: To display the opportunities and diversity among HBCUs throughout the country (which BOTH schools did a darn great job of). Cool off a bit a celebrate the accomplishments of TWO great institutions of HIGHER learning that created an atmosphere reminiscent of a homecoming game in a state that has limited exposure to the culture and heritage of HBCUs.

I hope that helped Mr. StankBeast13 sir.

That helped plenty Mr. TPHunk4life sir lol. BTW a good response is always a timely response. Thank you for you comment...
    ANGEL CITY CLASSIC 2008
This reply was deleted.