after watching numerous clips from all the bands in the swac and listening to bama state peeps saying they r tops in the swac i wanna know what the bandhead community thinks personally i think they r 4th or 5th but i want your opinion and base your decision on field shows,stand presence and quality of music arrangements and delivery

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• This is a pretty good topic. Alabama State has probably had one of the best schedules among any HBCU Bands period this year, playing the best of both the MEAC and SWAC. FAMU and BCC back to back early on in the season and SU and JSU in November (with vendettas if you will against JSU and SU)

Bama State has been knocking hard for a top 3 spot in the SWAC for a number of years now, but I think a more appropriate match would probably be:

Alabama State vs Texas Southern.

Knocking down Texas Southern would give them a more solid position to get at SU and JState.
  • asu deep, su wrecking and jsu as well

#1.Southern
    #2.Jackson st
    #3.Bama st
    #4.Alcorn
    #5.Tx.southern

Top five, decided by the clips on the net.
  • im a marching hornet and i'l be honest..... bama st to me is 4th right now. in no particular order PB, SU, JSU then its a toss up between bama st. and txsu! yall are right though, TxSu would give us a better chance to really figure out who running it!
  • well in my opinion........(in order) SU,JSU,TxSU then bama takes the 4th spot. i feel that to get one of those top 3 spots, bama HAS to get more balance, better arrangements, AND better fieldshows altogether.............not hating, just calling it like i see it..........and Master of Disguise, PB sounds good on the clips, but im not completely sold on them
  • dude would u seriously put alcorn ahead of txsu,pv,and above all uapb

Darian said:
    asu deep, su wrecking and jsu as well

#1.Southern
    #2.Jackson st
    #3.Bama st
    #4.Alcorn
    #5.Tx.southern

so where does bama state ranks amongst the best in the swac???
    after watching numerous clips from all the bands in the swac and listening to bama state peeps saying they r tops in the swac i wanna know what the b…
  • o wow i just saw that you really put alcorn in front of TxSU LMMFAO.........i guess bruh
    Darian said:
    asu deep, su wrecking and jsu as well

#1.Southern
    #2.Jackson st
    #3.Bama st
    #4.Alcorn
    #5.Tx.southern

so where does bama state ranks amongst the best in the swac???
    after watching numerous clips from all the bands in the swac and listening to bama state peeps saying they r tops in the swac i wanna know what the b…
  • I wouldn't put Alcorn ahead of TXSU but their not a push-over this year......
  • i put them in front of txsu cuz them bois small but raw
  • well I would have to say Jsu then SU & bama st. has a lil edge over txsu and UAPB but if yall just buy some trumpets WITH balls then yall would be good but until then yall wont get the much needed respect yall are lookin for I mean this is what I think
  • UAPB...#! ...
    JSU #2
    SU#3

and thats all that matters ..lol

just playin '
This reply was deleted.