Marching 100 will not visit Baton Rouge

No Marching 100Florida A&M’s marching band, the “Marching 100,” will not play Saturday, Southern sports information director Kevin Manns said FAMU officials had told him.Travel costs for the band, which has 420 members (according to a recent article in The FAMUAN) and travels in nine buses, are considerable and prohibitive.According to the contract, the visiting team in the series gets paid $50,000.http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/30936424.html

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the info man.
  • Sounds like they running from that spanking!!! Nobody tol them to get 400+ people, they wanted a big band and now repping the consequences. Can't go nowhere, too many folks!
  • "Nobody tol them to get 400+ people, they wanted a big band and now repping the consequences." LMAO... it seems that way.
  • i guess i can go back 2 ticketmaster and cancel my ticket
  • Im mad as ROC dawg.... I was planning on taking a road trip
  • This sucks, no FAMU in baton rouge No Boom in houston, and no Bama St. in Grambling, this weekend gonna suck band wise......
  • Hell yeah... I just knew this weekend was gonna go down.
  • I DONE SOLD MY TICKET OVER THIS BULLSHIT!
  • dayum.. why not bring 200 or 250.. the whole 420 doesn't have to go.. FAMU always pull some shat like this.. heck I would even think that they wanted SU to pay they azzez to come down here.. I think FAMU could've made this trip..
    I hope SU. don't make the trip next year..
  • Actually the 100 does have the money to travel, and they were set to come to BR but Dr. White wanted to use the money for scholarships....and the 100 has a very large budget and can travel with all 420 members if they wanted to...
This reply was deleted.