Replies

• i think SU is the most copied band. bands from houston to baton rouge are base off of SU. nd im an observer. im from a whole corps style band. but A LOT of the schools in that region copy them
  • SU is the most copied band.. many other college bands try to march like su and drill like them..
  • it's regional imo
  • SU is the most copied band....their style is simple and its easy to pick it up (no smack intended for the people who took offense)
  • SU is "Often Imitated, Never Duplicated" ... There are more High Schools and colleges that have done things in their fashion, but not with their passion.
    Their Drills and dance routines are the most recognizable as well.
    although many things done by SU did not Originate there, they were perfected there.
  • i would say FAMU
    schools in mississippi, chicago, memphis and detroit copy jsu
    schools in Louisiana and maybe houston copy su

but schools all over copy FAMU even college bands
  • i say su and famu
  • Well I see a lot of schools fashioned after a mixture of schools...as far as high schools are concerned you're liable to see a school marching like southern and drum majors dancing around like jackson but their drum line play all uapb cadences while their arrangements come from famu or something

Now when it comes to drills thats just a toss up because none of them really originated with hbcu's you can go to the library crack a book and find any of them lol
  • Naw....Dlines are very regional.....whoever is the hittn Dline in the region.....thats who is copied
  • well up north its kind of like mixture seeing as if we don't have too many popular ones up here lol
This reply was deleted.