Howard University Homecoming

Basically the following bands attended:Ballou High School Marching Band, DC (Parade & BOTBs)Eastern High School Marching Band, DC (Parade & BOTBs)Dunbar High School Marching Band, DC (Parade & BOTBs)Friendly High School Marching Band, MD (Parade & BOTBs)Plainfield High School Marching Band, NJ (Parade & BOTBs?)High Point High School Marching Band, MD (Parade & BOTBs?)Brooklyn School of Music & Theatre Marching Band, NY (Parade Only)Susan McKinney High School Marching Band, NY (Parade & BOTBs ?)King William High School Marching Band, VA (Parade Only)Brooklyn Steppers Marching Band, NY (Parade & BOTBs)Withrow High School Marching Band, Ohio (Parade & BOTBs)Charles City High School Marching Band, VA (Parade & BOTBs)Pearl-Cohn High School Marching Band, TN (Parade & BOTBs)Shabazz High School Marching Band, NJ (Parade & BOTBs)Frinedship School Marching Band, DC (Parade Only)The Finest Parade Marching Wildcats, MD (Parade Only)What a shocker...a band from Brooklyn names the Brooklyn School for Music and Theatre "Soldier" Marching Unit took 1st place....even beating out the BK Steppers, Ballou, Eastern and Shabazz...What is so d@mn funny and made me laugh was the fact that the band that won, the Soldiers...were announced as an all beginner band....Their director is Prof. Brown...big band...beginners...young sound..based off of SU and JSU so yeah...hopefully one day they will get their weight up and start beasting...but for now...what a win...first big competition and they beat everyone wow...also the band just started last April...100% beginners...so I guess Prof is doing his thing!What do you guys think about this news?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks like a success story for Prof. Brown, I'm sure he'll be on here in a few to talk about it. Congrats man.
  • Congrats again man.
  • that was a bunch of bull crap that they won, but congratualations to them. that only makes it worst for them that they did win, because when some of those better bands see them, their gonna really feel it, so i hope they are ready. the rules where to specifically not to stop at the reviewing stands, so many other bands followed the rules, but this band stoped and did a show, so thats gppd for u guys that everything worked out well for u, but just be ready for anything now.
  • Alot of bands stoped because the motorcades that lead the parade were goin to slow causeing the parade to back up. Dunbar was the only band that actually stoped. formed a concert formation and did a lil dance feature.. BKMT did a dance break but still was moving forward.
  • lol cool
  • Sounds like you're a little jealous to me. Maybe if those other bands were on their game, they would have won. Must really feel bad to lose to 'beginners'. Just think, if they just started, they must have been pretty ready already! Better look out .... got some real competition growing.

andrew said:
    that was a bunch of bull crap that they won, but congratualations to them. that only makes it worst for them that they did win, because when some of those better bands see them, their gonna really feel it, so i hope they are ready. the rules where to specifically not to stop at the reviewing stands, so many other bands followed the rules, but this band stoped and did a show, so thats gppd for u guys that everything worked out well for u, but just be ready for anything now.
    Basically the following bands attended: Ballou High School Marching Band, DC (Parade & BOTBs) Eastern High School Marching Band, DC (Parade &…
  • What do you mean you dont know how you beat them? You are good, thats how, and the band is good, and they are just beginning. Your ability to handle that group is amazing! Truly amazing. This is just the beginning of more good things to come. Take it for what it is ... a win!

ProfBrown said:
    Coordination and Uniformity go a long way....some of those bands looked sad some didn't...not sure how we beat some of those bands...but I guess the show we did went a long way...cause non of the bands their are really SWAC influenced...thanks Mr. Knighten and Mr. Haymer lol....you taught me a lot.
    Basically the following bands attended: Ballou High School Marching Band, DC (Parade & BOTBs) Eastern High School Marching Band, DC (Parade &…
This reply was deleted.