Best 2013 SWAC Matchups (Rank em)

With the 2013 band season around the corner everyone wants to know who will run the SWAC this year. There will be new band directors, new arrangers, new stadiums, and tighter competition. Here are the rankings of the best SWAC Matchups for 2013 for each member band.

1. Southern vs. Alabama State

2. Jackson State vs. Texas Southern

3. UAPB vs. PVAMU

4. AAMU vs. Alcorn

5. MVSU vs. Grambling

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  GSU vs. UAPB

SU vs. ASU/JSU

JSU vs. TXSU/SU

AAMU vs. MVSU/TXSU

Alcorn vs. PVAMU 

• 1. JSU vs SU

2. ASU vs AAMU

3. Txsu vs PVAMU

4. UAPB vs Alcorn

5. MVSU vs GSU

• 1) AAMU vs. SU/Bama State/ UAPB

2) JSU vs. Alcorn

3)Txsu vs. Pvamu3)

4) MVSU vs. Grambling

• ^Explanation

1a) AAMU and SU...always a good matchup both come with that fire. AAMU always rock that corner also.

1b) AAMU and ASU...ITS THE CLASSIC. no further explanation.

1c) AAMU and UAPB... umm bring your sleeping bags cause both have an extended book and it could turn out to be up to 2hrs...Louis Crews Stadium don't mind long 5th quarters our police don't trip.

2) JSU vs. Alcorn...Rivalry game Alcorn and JSU were neck and neck last year. arguable the two top bands last year.

3) Txsu vs. Pvamu...rivalry not sure what to expect. I really don't watch them.

4) Mvsu vs. Grambling...both have potential. MVSU been recruiting hard this year and they play in the MEAC/SWAC game. never know with them. They might actually be a secrete weapon this year.

• whats up wit these wack pairings...besides J_AAMU's 

• they only rockin the corner if u sittin in the corner cause across the field we dont hear jack. just see fake dolls n a lil tubas thats it. i agree with the sleeping bags for the aamu vs uapb but not for quite the same reason lol lol.

J_AAMU said:

^Explanation

1a) AAMU and SU...always a good matchup both come with that fire. AAMU always rock that corner also.

1c) AAMU and UAPB... umm bring your sleeping bags cause both have an extended book and it could turn out to be up to 2hrs...Louis Crews Stadium don't mind long 5th quarters our police don't trip.

2) JSU vs. Alcorn...Rivalry game Alcorn and JSU were neck and neck last year. arguable the two top bands last year.

4) Mvsu vs. Grambling...both have potential. MVSU been recruiting hard this year and they play in the MEAC/SWAC game. never know with them. They might actually be a secrete weapon this year.

Best 2013 SWAC Matchups (Rank em)
    With the 2013 band season around the corner everyone wants to know who will run the SWAC this year. There will be new band directors, new arrangers,…
  • 1. SU vs. Jackson State- Of course this is the top battle for both bands each year

• ...I only stated my opinion I guess you must be tone death and hard of hearing if you don't hear any band across that field when clearly there are plenty footage that captures and show how AAMU in particular can be easily heard. In fact let me post a recent clip of the last time we played you girls a visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYYiBySnrNk   ...so I don't want to hear no more on this issue cause based on the recorded video taken on your side. Your analysis is proven false.

...also AAMU and UAPB have a great 5th quarter and its not a type of fifth to blow you out, but a fifth that show the variety on depth of your book. So I always commend both bands. If you can't hang take yo broke a$$ home..SUcka!

GREG T. said:

they only rockin the corner if u sittin in the corner cause across the field we dont hear jack. just see fake dolls n a lil tubas thats it. i agree with the sleeping bags for the aamu vs uapb but not for quite the same reason lol lol.

J_AAMU said:

^Explanation

• I think this season will have plenty of surprises.

JSU/SU- Always a good matchup and atmosphere (nuff said)

Alcorn/SU- Last year was crazy, Murray brings a new Edge to Alcorn's program. No love lost for  Mr. Jackson and Murray(when he was at JSU) New Rivalry brewing there.

TXSU/JSU- These two bands are physically a State away from each other but it seems like when they meet, they Feud like next door neighbors lol

ASU/AAMU- The biggest classic(Crowd Wise) and a great band battle. I'm curious to see which direction AAMU is going under new Leadership. Bama State has loads of potential.

JSU/PVAMU- The 2nd installment of this long forgotten rivalry comes around in Shreveport again this year. I think both bands got a feel of each other after 25 years apart. Both bands will be locked and loaded.

TXSU/ Bama State- I was surprised that ASU made the trip to H-town, and I think TXSU was too. Will they meet again this year? Interesting battle.

JSU/GSU- This was a very interesting battle last year. These two bands really don't care for each other, but there's a silent respect there because both of these bands are lead by Directors that are class personified.

GSU/Alcorn-  These two bands used to play the first game of the year. I don't know what happened to this rivalry but it might get renewed this year.

Last but not least JSU/Alcorn- I was so glad that this game was made Home/Away. It gives the rivalry some edge. Both bands will have something in store for each other and it won't be pretty.

• Harvard vs Yale (the Ivory League Classic)

"I kid   I kid,  I joke  I joke"

SU vs JSU

SU vs TxSU  (don't like the new stadium though, horrible seating on that second level....sound is muffled)

This reply was deleted.