My band Meadowbrook high Roaring Regiment, is a Corps Style Band with a High Stepping Sound.We are known as a "Best Of Both Worlds Band" Because we can switch our style as if we do both.The problem is we are leaning more and more to the High Stepping side but our band director(He is white&Drum Corps Alumni) is thinking of a change.We are an award winning band on the field and named the "Most Entertaining" Band in the County in the stands.Do you think we should stay where we are as a Corps Style Band or become a High Stepping Band.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• do what ever ur dirctor tells u he knows whats best
  • if it aint broke don't fix it lol
  • SOunds like yall got a good formula going on... it should stay that way. Do yall, and forget about what is 'cool'
  • Would like to see more comp in va... I have heard of y'all but nothing about how y'all sound
  • Great! You doing both. You hit the holy grail of marching bands. Don't question nothing keep doing what the director says cuz if what you say is true then you got a good thing going
  • Stay that way, I promise you at marching contest you will win everytime! We have bet every band that is possed to be better than us, we've made nothing less than 1's since my band directors took over! Great Formula for a successful high school band.
  • ...keep doing both...its working for you!
  • ur right cause Port ALLen High got that attacking style in the stands and Corpse style approach on the field
  • Well the bands in VA can do a full showtyle show (minus dance routines) and still place high in corpstyle competitons thanx to their influences from Norfolk. Va love them some spanish marches and that unique nsu drilling style.
  • True that, and tell Mrs. Boykins i'm (marcus thomas, mr. crumb's student) never heard from nsu! I am a lil let down but it was too far. And this is if you come in contact with her and know her.

Reppa said:
    Well the bands in VA can do a full showtyle show (minus dance routines) and still place high in corpstyle competitons thanx to their influences from Norfolk. Va love them some spanish marches and that unique nsu drilling style.
    Corps Style Band with a High Steppin Sound
    My band Meadowbrook high Roaring Regiment, is a Corps Style Band with a High Stepping Sound.We are known as a Best Of Both Worlds Band Because we c…
This reply was deleted.