if they challenge us is it rite for us to blow dem out

and look bad for beatin up lil kids

or do u turn the other way and take it

i think either way it looks bad

but theyre bringing themselves up

to a high school level

so that means what?

you tell me

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HECK NO..BLOW THEM OUT!!!...THEY WANTED A CHALLENGE...THEY GOT IT....GIVE THEM WHAT THEY ASKED FOR!
  • Yes they comming

BIG-AL said:
    I agree.. say bro were you still in da band when worthin and dowling were battling at MLK and dowling blew a hole threw them......man all worthing had to do is not play..DA well..It was very funny...but yes I agree... oh yeah are you guys comming next weekend to the parade.. or no??

Blazin20s said:
    Its a lose/lose situation.
    If you win, you're supposed to.
    If you lose, you look bad.
    If you tie, its worse than losing...

The best thing would be to let them have their little moment, and enlighten them to the "other side" when they get to high school...
    MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS CHALLENGING HIGH SCHOOL BANDS
    if they challenge us is it rite for us to blow dem out and look bad for beatin up lil kids or do u turn the other way and take it i think either way…
  • well we use to....
    kirby, oak village, M.C. willaims, Dowling,... those middle school alone just a few years agot would run up on a high school band quick... ...now a day.. if the right techer is or was at one of these middle school they would destroy a high school... dowling has done it a least 6 to 7 times when mr j from worthing was there ..like what 4 years ago...

oldwise2 said:
    I mean I seen Dowling and Sam Houston go at it but Really we don't have middle schools down here like that....yet
    MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS CHALLENGING HIGH SCHOOL BANDS
    if they challenge us is it rite for us to blow dem out and look bad for beatin up lil kids or do u turn the other way and take it i think either way…
  • If you are confident on your horn why would you blow them out? They are children. Some are 12 and 13....and 11. Some beginners...and some of yall are suposedly "beasts." How is that even fair? Is there a serious lack of confidence circulating through the high schools now? What happened to setting a standard? Going round for round with a middle school is like arguing with a child...

I understand if the middle school is good...like really good but even so, that just seems a bit extreme to me. Its entertaining to others but why blow at them? What is lacking about your program to go at it with a middle school band?
  • My gosh....really?

When I was in Jr. High, we blew at a high school and they wanted to "blow us out" But to this day I still say they were retarded lol.

Anyway, why would you people want to blow at a middle school. If they blow at you, give them a song or two but don't blow back. When they get to high school, MAKE THEM REMEMBER what they did. And I'm not encouraging beating them either. Be smart people, lets use our brains. Test time!!!!
  • NO, IT'S NOT OK TO BLOW ON A MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND. THE REASON I SAY NO IS BECAUSE, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT AS A HIGH SCHOOL BAND YOU SHOULD BE THINKING "RECRUITMENT" JUS LOOK, PLAY & SOUND GOOD DON'T WORRY BOUT BLOWING CAUSE IF YOU LOOK AND SOUND GOOD THAT MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND WILL RESPECT YOU & AND WANT TO COME, BUT IF YOU BLOW ON THEM AND THE TURN ROUND AND BLOW BACK ON YO ASS YOU WILL BE VERY "EMBARASS"!!! SO YOU DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOUR BAND & YOUR REPERTATION
  • In that situation, I say praise em. GIve em candy and a Band Application to fill out. Fwod Battling.. I say recruit your A$$ off
  • I made an A.
  • its this simple.....you big enough to pass a lick you damn sure betta be big enuf to take one.

if you are going to blow at a band you should be prepared for a return (unless ur helen cox at alla dis year) no if ands or buts about it middle school or not you can get it too
  • well high schooler that started this thread...
    Yes-put them in their place...
    but be careful because some middle schools are better than high schools...
    as I tell my kids I don't care if St.Aug came with a million Jesuses and god himself as drum major...
    we still crankin...
    Wait until we catch someone at a line-up
This reply was deleted.