swac vs pwc bands 2011

form what i hav heard next fall AAMU is playing Auburn (11/17/12) n GSU plays TCU (9/8/12) if bands were to go how do u think the other bands would do? n if another swac school is playin an out of conference game to someone in the top 25 post it....n how do yall think playing these schools would impact the recruitment success?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It would be some nice exposure and a good experience for the bands.  But I doubt that it would have THAT MUCH of an impact on recruitment, especially if there are well known HBCUs with well known marching bands in the region.

~shrugs~

• Jackson State is playing Mississippi State on opening weekend(9/1/12). The PWC crowds love HBCU bands believe it or not!

• Grambling would be fine with recruitment but more so attract students from FtWorth ISD

• @CK One only because they are "show"style band
  • The World Famed will be in attendance that's apart of the contract lol. We attract in the Dallas/Ft Worth area already, that's were the biggest alumni chapter is.

• i already know we gonna hav the vids of aamu, gsu , n jsu but some vids of the other schools like mississippi state in the stands would be cool to watch and funny 

i remember a couple of years ago when tech played gram in shreveport tech band pulled out some props that looked like car steering wheels when they played low rider lol

seems to me like pwc schools do more dancing in the stands than hbcu bands these days ....talk about a turn around

• i think gsu student union should do a "black out" for this apparent "white out" game lol....better than havin all gold n the band in black 

RJ1919 said:

The World Famed will be in attendance that's apart of the contract lol. We attract in the Dallas/Ft Worth area already, that's were the biggest alumni chapter is.

swac vs pwc bands 2011
    form what i hav heard next fall AAMU is playing Auburn (11/17/12) n GSU plays TCU (9/8/12) if bands were to go how do u think the other bands would d…
  • I know. That's my point, PWC bands seem to only be for playing the fight song after touchdowns! LOL!!!

Avery Jack Jr said:

@CK One only because they are "show"style band
    swac vs pwc bands 2011
    form what i hav heard next fall AAMU is playing Auburn (11/17/12) n GSU plays TCU (9/8/12) if bands were to go how do u think the other bands would d…
  • It better be a white out, it's gonna be hot as hades in Texas in early Sept lol.

Captain_Falcon said:

i think gsu student union should do a "black out" for this apparent "white out" game lol....better than havin all gold n the band in black 

RJ1919 said:

The World Famed will be in attendance that's apart of the contract lol. We attract in the Dallas/Ft Worth area already, that's were the biggest alumni chapter is.

swac vs pwc bands 2011
  • I like the idea of PWC vs SWAC.  AAMU vs Auburn is going to be live.  

This reply was deleted.