Replies

• Dude u have no idea of what u are talking about bcuz PV's snares are ALWAYS cranked, along with the rest of the section

Rattler Of Venom said:
    ^^^^
    This is what I've been saying! SWAC can groove all day but there's no sense of hybrids or technical ability. And I'll let the cat out of the bag: the reason SWAC lines don't tighten up their snares is because that would expose just how dirty they are! So keep hiding behind those untuned drums and 20" cymbals SWACKers!
    The Official Percussion Appreciation Thread
    PLEASE I'm begging yall to show me at least 3 SWACK lines that can compare to this!
  • That's hella funny that u say we "SWAC" lines can't/don't chop. I personally have on video a fellow PVU "BOX" member choppin up a BCC "Sudden Impact" section leader in their (BCC) own hotel room in Atl from Honda BOTB 2004. This particular BOX member played a rudiment and when finished the BCC dude asked "What was that", Don't make me upload the clip to back me up as proof... Guess after that BLAZE the MeWACK are JUST now catching up on their cheese, hybrids, and etc... Trust me yall really don't want none

2nd Skull of Impact said:
    Sure swac lines can funk but can they really chop. And by chop i mean rudimentally. Alot of swac cadences persist of the same rudiments with a different groove. Have you ever tried to incorporate hybrids into your style. Not to say you cant but chop wise MEAC lines own everyone. Technique wise the MEAC owns everyone. Its the same way with the bands, SWAC may have more punch but in the end a sound technician can over come brute force any day.

I like swac lines though they know how to groove. But im sorry nobody is messin wit MDF$, Sudden Impact, BBI, etc..
    PLEASE I'm begging yall to show me at least 3 SWACK lines that can compare to this!
  • The Realist said:
    That's hella funny that u say we "SWAC" lines can't/don't chop. I personally have on video a fellow PVU "BOX" member choppin up a BCC "Sudden Impact" section leader in their (BCC) own hotel room in Atl from Honda BOTB 2004. This particular BOX member played a rudiment and when finished the BCC dude asked "What was that", Don't make me upload the clip to back me up as proof... Guess after that BLAZE the MeWACK are JUST now catching up on their cheese, hybrids, and etc... Trust me yall really don't want none

2nd Skull of Impact said:
    Sure swac lines can funk but can they really chop. And by chop i mean rudimentally. Alot of swac cadences persist of the same rudiments with a different groove. Have you ever tried to incorporate hybrids into your style. Not to say you cant but chop wise MEAC lines own everyone. Technique wise the MEAC owns everyone. Its the same way with the bands, SWAC may have more punch but in the end a sound technician can over come brute force any day.

I like swac lines though they know how to groove. But im sorry nobody is messin wit MDF$, Sudden Impact, BBI, etc..

1. This thread is kinda old.
    2. We were talking about entire sections, not individuals.
    3. What the hell... go ahead and upload it and let the public decide.
  • YOU CAN SAY WHAT U WANT ABOUT THE SWAC. BUT THE SWAC IS WHERE ITS AT.
  • IF I CAN RECALL IN 2008 AT THE HONDA TX SOUTHERN 1ST YEAR GOING, WE SET UP IN THE TUNNEL ON EVERY DRUMLINE THAT WALKED BY.YALL TALK ABOUT BCC BUT THEY WHERE SLOPPY AS HELL IN ATLANTA THAT YEAR.FUNK TRAIN CYMBOLS SMASHED EVERY CYMBOLS SECTION OUT THURR. BCC,VIRGINA STATE,SHAW,JUS TO NAME A FEW. I WILL UPLOAD THE CLIPS IF NEEDED. STOP COMPARING THE SWAC & THE MEWACK. THE MEWACK GOT THEY STYLE AND WE GOT OURS. AND LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT PEOPLE HAVE WITH US (FUNK TRAIN) DANCING. "ITS CALLED ENTERTAINMENT!!!" YOU OTHER SECTIONS SHOULD TRY IT YOU MIGHT CAN GET MORE FANS OTHER THEN THE X- SECTION MEMBERS AND YOUR CLASSMATES. AND WE CAN GET TECHNICAL ASK ALCORN 2006, GRAMBLING 2006 & 2007, SU 2006!!!
This reply was deleted.