Replies

• Well that's probably because they had more twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, and thirty-one year olds in their group....that would be my guess.....I'm just sayin.....

Darius J. Harris said:

lol ...they still sounded more mature than Dallas.

HUMB vs Dallas All Star Band
    give props where props are due. criticize when necessary and most of tell us... who got smashed?
  • THANKS DOC.....WE THE HUMB BARITONE SECTION TRY VERY HARD TO KEEP OUR SECTION PUSHING EVERY SEASON WE DO THIS......

d-townTrumpet said:

Well from on my side (DMAB), I observed a few things... Firstly, props to the Humb baritones who were consistent the whole battle... Trumpets need more practice playing as a section.. They could've have been way more powerful if they played phrases and quit waiting on a certain note... Everyone else was decent...
    give props where props are due. criticize when necessary and most of tell us... who got smashed?
  • could have SWORN these are ALUMNI SUMMER  BANDS

#failed point lol
     and age has nothing to do with sounding better or being more well rounded
    The Foundation Builder said:

Well that's probably because they had more twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, and thirty-one year olds in their group....that would be my guess.....I'm just sayin.....

Darius J. Harris said:

• This is true, you got a point.....but even DCI groups have an "AGE-OUT" deal at 22 yrs old.....And I'm not sure what band world you live in, but age has EVERYTHING to do with a mature sound!!!!! There's just WAAAAYY more 'Understanding' that comes with age.....that's why people get (I mean SHOULD GET) MORE mature, as you age.........I'm just sayin

Darius J. Harris said:

could have SWORN these are ALUMNI SUMMER  BANDS

#failed point lol
     and age has nothing to do with sounding better or being more well rounded
    The Foundation Builder said:

Well that's probably because they had more twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, and thirty-one year olds in their group....that would be my guess.....I'm just sayin.....

Darius J. Harris said:

• but i disagree on if our trumpet section was smaller our holes would show...we take the liberties..or i take the liberty in this nothing but fun event because we have the numbers to do so....but if we were to shrink we would only get louder because youd be cutting off some fat and restricting a lil range making the produced tomne stronger..... yall were thin...period...had one or two moments...

• To answer your question , Dallas got smashed. Point, Blank, Period..

• So at the expence of the section, y'all felt y'all were so good, individuals could take liberties (skate)? Take a random 10 and apply what y'all did saturday..... With the exception on the trumpet that did the opposite of what we (DMAB) practiced, we had a pretty good start of playing what we rehearsed. You try playing the entire song, then take up those parts that y'all played, then tell me about having a thin sound.....
  • haha bro you preaching to the choir....ask you buddy in the section next to you. im all for playing the phrases. i go to PV!

• I'mma be real about the battle. On the cool both bands was sounding good at times. HUMB B-Tones & Tubas was on point. And our (DMAB) bones & f-horns was the best sections for us. Our (DMAB) B-tones was pretty good too. But as far as say we (DMAB) got smashed, bullshit most be a high school student that's too excited or a non-SWAC or MEAC member. Good battle overall tho we will hope to have y'all in Dallas, Tx next year.
    Not trying to offend nobody but jus being real.
    Stay HUMBLE HUMB & Rep for Texas against N.O.!!!
    BJ #Woooooshhhhhhh
    Funk Train #Krab06 #oceanofsoul 2006-2009
    DMAB 2012
    P.S. And since I'm on here why is HUMB say #wooosshhh and some of y'all at even ocean members. That's bullshit
This reply was deleted.