Thoughts & Analysis of Motions 2017 Season

USING THESE VIDEOS TO SUM UP MY OWN OPINION!

(FIRST SONG)...BUCKING INDIVIDUALLY LOOKS BETTER THAN WHEN THEY BUCK TOGETHER

(2ND SONG)...I SEE THIS OFTEN WHERE THEY USE UPPER BODY MORE THAN THE LOWER BODY MAKING IT SEEM AS THOUGH THEY ARE DANCING IN A BOX WITH LIMITED SPACE...STIFF!

(3RD SONG)...*NOT FANFARE*...THOSE CATSUITS ARE NICE!!! THEY SHOULD STICK WITH THE STYLE OF THOSE 2 COUNTS!!!

(4TH SONG)...THE FIRST COUNT OF BUCKING IS SATISFYING...NOT TOO MUCH, NOT TOO LITTLE

CREATIVENESS, NEW COUNTS,  AND NICE UNIFORMS WERE ALL 10s FOR ME THIS YEAR!!!!

AT TIMES THE BUCKING WOULD BE EXCESSIVE AND IT GRINDS MY GEARS WHEN THE GIRLS WATCH EACH OTHER, IT JUST TAKES AWAY THE CONFIDENCE AND MAKES THEM LOOK UNSURE OF THEMSELVES.

THE EXECUTION DRASTICALLY IMPROVED, THEY JUST GOTTA BE IN UNISON MORE OFTEN, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE BUCKING AND STOP DANCING LIKE THEY ARE DANCING IN A BOX...WHAT LOOKS GOOD UP CLOSE MAY NOT ALWAYS LOOK THE SAME ACROSS THE FIELD, AND ITS IMPORTANT THAT IT DOES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO SEND A MESSAGE.

2 OF MY FRIENDS  FROM MTVS SO REAL CREW & THE MET here in Houston calls them Hip-Hop Majorettes and thats a style that works for them!!!

MOTION DIDNT HAVE A BAD ROUTINE AT ANY TIME THIS SEASON AND HONESTLY I FELT LIKE NOBODY WAS TOUCHING THEM ON THE FIELD!!!! THIS WAS MY FAVORITE!!!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was nervous when the numbers went up. I feel in love with motions in 2007. 2012-2015 were lackluster years. But baby when miss. J took over she played no games. Motions were the best squad hands down last year. I was starting to fall in love with the smaller numbers, because i felt they could do more on the field and get away with having lack of technique. The larger numbers hindered them from doing clean technique. But like stated before they are a hip hop majorette squad, made up of mostly street dancers, not classically trained ballerinas, lol. Motions had a great year and im impressed with their level of improvement in the clean bucking and technique. In the past every time they attempted to due more technique field shows, it wasnt clean. But all thanks to jermani, motion have made an all the way improvement and im so proud of them and wish them much more success!

• TBH I do appreciate the addition of more technique in the field routines, the main thing is the routines have been well choreographed these past 2 years as well as a whole

• First of all...I’m here for the “Hip-Hop majorette” title and I absolutely LOVED them on the field this season, definitely picked up where they left off in 2016. I am waiting for the day they get as technical as they were in ‘08, especially referring to the Damaged routine.

Stands were good. In all honesty they were much better in the stands last year, not taking away from anything from this season because I love the new counts, but with the types of counts the Motion thow, smaller numbers could really compliment them. Confidence in the stands really kept them from being the total package this season. Once that master that, they will be a true force in the SWAC.

Jermani has a unique vision for this squad and I hope as a squad they continue to perfect it.

I have my thee picks for captain candidates but won’t go into that just yet.
  • I really like the Motion. Strengths this year:

1. They had some beautiful uniforms, especially the burgundy plunge leotard 
    2. The creativity excites me to see more of them and what they’ll do next
    3. They have a true brand and niche that doesn’t look like a carbon copy of another team. 
    4. They had some really creative field show routines
    5. You can tell with Jermani at the helm, interest in the team jumped up and the numbers show it
    6. The girls are beautiful!
    7. the growth of the team in this short time is crazy! 

Things they can work on for next year:

1. Wish they smiled a bit more. They tend to look blank/lackluster with RBF
    2. Stop watching each other so hard! This could be the part of the reason for #1
    3. Not a fan of the different uniforms or the captain having a different uni
    4. TECHNIQUE! Please make this a priority. I feel that holds them back from the top and takes away from all that good creativity 
    5. Slow stands. They are too gorgeous and capable of working every second of these counts instead of just throwing it.
    6. Something about their makeup could be softer, more polished glam. Looks in general. Watched the Southern footage and those different color long stiletto nails were killing me! 
    7. Hair. I know we like big hair in Texas (Htown girl) but IMO those long weaves don’t work as well.
    8. Invest in a dedicated videographer and social media team to take the brand to the next level
    9. Remember to dance for your fans and TxSU, too. Every stand doesn’t have to be a battle axe thrown at the other team. It makes you look pressed and bothered. Have more fun and the dancing will speak for itself. 
    • #8 and 9 are a most definite!!!!!!!!

• Best field shows this season hands down.... Stands were good but I enjoyed the more when they were out of the i.e flat ground with more room to move

This reply was deleted.